Radiator tap snapped mid service! Help!

Quack

The brand new Spitfire rad I’ve just received from Canleys doesn’t even have anywhere for a drain tap. Partly an improvement as I’ve been worried about accidentally opening the radiator drain every time I’ve turned the engine while checking the valve clearances!

6 minutes ago, Josef said:

Partly an improvement as I’ve been worried about accidentally opening the radiator drain every time I’ve turned the engine while checking the valve clearances!

I wish mine opened easily, it doesn't look in a bad state?, though daren't try a bit of force.

It's just messy to drain from bottom hose, unless I figure out some type of large funnel, Heath Robinson arrangement?

2 hours ago, daverclasper said:

I wish mine opened easily, it doesn't look in a bad state?, though daren't try a bit of force.

It's just messy to drain from bottom hose, unless I figure out some type of large funnel, Heath Robinson arrangement?

Just put a large plastic basin under it and drain into that; how far you disconnect the hose dictates the drain flow. Don't remove it fully and maintain a steady flow.