Last of the Summer Wine Herald

Gary Flinn

On 29/04/2022 at 17:42, Chris Longhurst said:

It doesn't help with WRH 132J appearing with both 1200 & 13/60 bonnets

http://www.triumphheraldconvertible.co.uk/wordpress/last-of-the-summer-wine/

After Corgi released their LotSW 13/60 Convertible with the  Edie Pegden figure I had a 'cunning plan' to make a 1200 version by sticking together a front end from a Corgi Vanguards 1200 saloon with the rear end from a Corgi Vanguards 13/60 CV. I've still got the parts cars - I was put off by not really being able to pin down the 'correct' registration number for the 1200!

The registration of the 1200 model was GJN107D. I own the ORIGINAL car used in the programme WRH132J. It can be identified on screen by the wrong boot hinges & lack of rear wing crossed flags.

20220528_140536.jpg

20210115_230327.jpg

20220812_130014.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi Colin. Yep, I think they did run it into the ground hence the replacement car CXE in the later series. It was 'restored' by persons unknown to me & sold at H&H auctions in Buxton, then hidden away in Harrogate for a decade. Melted wiring near the petrol tank was not a good sign. It still needs work but at least it's on the road! Have been invited to take it up to Holmfirth next year for the 50th anniversary of LOTSW  where it will be on display for a couple of days (warts n all) outside Nora Battys house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRAHAM HUNT said:

Robert B Massey were the Triumph dealers in Hull & Beverley at that time. 

Thank you, I was Scratching my Brain trying to think who. My Mrs "pumped gas" at their Beverly place in the 60`s, when I was trying to pass Exams for My Chief Engineers "ticket".👍 One of the very old fashioned, Swing over the footpath type Filling stations Right in the road. H&SE would have a fit to-day!.

Armstrong Gordon in Beverley in the early 1960's

Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GRAHAM HUNT said:

Robert B Massey were the Triumph dealers in Hull & Beverley at that time. 

Here's a part copy of my Vitesse Mk2's original Log Book, I'm the next owner in 71 after Zetland Estate & still have it, & it's been an Australian Resident since 74!

Note car originally sold by Robert B Massey of York,  

Vitesse Original Log Book - Massey.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GRAHAM HUNT said:

Hi Colin. Yep, I think they did run it into the ground hence the replacement car CXE in the later series. It was 'restored' by persons unknown to me & sold at H&H auctions in Buxton, then hidden away in Harrogate for a decade. Melted wiring near the petrol tank was not a good sign. It still needs work but at least it's on the road! Have been invited to take it up to Holmfirth next year for the 50th anniversary of LOTSW  where it will be on display for a couple of days (warts n all) outside Nora Battys house.

Great! That's a real slice of Herald fame to own. The one I owned back around 2002 was discarded after filming, and in an amazingly poor condition - I had to supply just about every suspension and mechanical part and the bodywork was almost completely replaced, although sadly incorrectly in some major areas so the car has not yet seen the road again. I spoke to someone who knows the current owner and he wants to keep it, but I doubt if he'll be doing any work on it due to his poor health. It's really just a 'double', used for long shots and background work so even if fully restored won't be as recognisable as yours.

Keep us supplied with photos, especially from Holmfirth.

• Like 1