Fuel sender screws

Chris A

I may have to replace the sender, it is the screw in type. The heads on some of the screws are, shall we say, showing their age and would like to have a set to hand and replace them all, BUT I can't find the part number anywhere of see them listed on the main supplier sites. Can someone give me a part number and or the size of them, please.

As a secondary question - how low does the petrol have to be before the sender can be removed without having petrol pour out. I can park up on a slight slope at home help. I don't want to be having to syphon the tank if I can avoid it.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Thanks Colin, where did you find that listed, or is it a national secret?

In the parts manual, Chris. I've got an early Herald manual so whilst it is almost too early to list many of the later parts that I usually need, and covers only Saloon and Coupe models, it had the screw listed on the fuel tank page.

Excellent, thanks again Colin. I'll toast you with a glass of Bushmills, but not tonight I've a council meeting, mind you one of the councillors became a father a couple of days ago and 'tradition' demands he brings a couple of bottles of fizz and biscuits! Obviously only opened after all the official business is finished

54 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Excellent, thanks again Colin. I'll toast you with a glass of Bushmills, but not tonight I've a council meeting, mind you one of the councillors became a father a couple of days ago and 'tradition' demands he brings a couple of bottles of fizz and biscuits! Obviously only opened after all the official business is finished

Have two. A single drink is soooo lonely. :)

7 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

my parts    list shows as TR6503   also shows in the hardware cat as No10   that to me sound much to big diameter   

then theres links to TR6504 and   PT503  

No 10 is 4,8mm dia  

pete

6503 is 3/8. Same No 10 tho. (That's not metric 10!) I never replaced my calipers when they proved massively inaccurate but if I've just squinted properly at a measuring tape it looks to be about 5/32.