Clutch Fork - 132080 - damaged

Help please!

I'm in the process of replacing the clutch in my Vitesse 2 Litre Mk2. After 20 years being laid up, the old one was stuck to the flywheel and none of the usual tricks would free it.

In the process, I've found the clutch fork is damaged - picture supplied. It was working fine when I last drove it. And visually, it seemed to work with the correct amount of movement of the release bearing when the clutch is depressed (all new hydraulics fitted). But could this cause me problems?

I note that the part is hard to replace? Normal Triumph suppliers (e.g Rimmers) no longer carry it. So I would have to find a way to repair it?

Thanks for your advice.

Nick 

Vitesse clutch fork 1.jpg

I assume the apparent ball on there is an optical illusion and it's actually the hemispherical recess.

The broken clip serves to hold the arm in place when there's nothing else doing so. In reality, once you've got it assembled and the slave cylinder pushed out to normal operating condition, the combination of the clutch and the hydraulics will hold it in place perfectly adequately. So my guess is that it's probably been like that for a while and works fine despite the broken clip.

that wont affetc operation may get some chatter it just keeps thelever in contact with the spherical post 

canley can get one to order

Vitesse MkII Clutch : Canley Classics

the one thing that does upset lever angles is many repro bearings are only 15mm thick should be 19mm thick 

solution is tap out the post and stick a washer under so its trapped when fitting the clutch hsg.  its to pack it out a little  this corrects the arm angle .

Pete

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NonMember said:

I assume the apparent ball on there is an optical illusion and it's actually the hemispherical recess.

The broken clip serves to hold the arm in place when there's nothing else doing so. In reality, once you've got it assembled and the slave cylinder pushed out to normal operating condition, the combination of the clutch and the hydraulics will hold it in place perfectly adequately. So my guess is that it's probably been like that for a while and works fine despite the broken clip.

Phew! Thanks for the advice. [yes, it is an optical illusion]. Nick