HQ Open days only if you use face book !!!!!

CLUB HQ OPEN DAYS 

it would be good to support the club but the HQ open days are so far   only announced on Face book thats a disgraceful attitude to members 

There is nothing in the Courier or on forum  or in club events......   someone needs to wake up  its not asking much    or is it 

so for those magic club followers that have a avid hate of FB  here are the HQ open days 

25th June
23rd July
3rd September 

Pete

Farcebook!!!! Forget it. Checked the main club website, nothing immediately obvious, but it should be in your face, first thing you see on the home page and in the events section (if it's there and I missed it well....point made). Usual thing "We want information" (Cue theme to the Prisoner) Is the TSSC really 'Club of the Year'? That was news!!

This resounds of a post i made on other club events and lack of information. Information is a key point of a club, thats why the forum is so popular. The website should be the central hub that advertise everything. 

Calm down you lot !

we only arranged the open days last Thursday , I have been rather busy at SEM over the weekend.

I don’t need to tell you now as Pete has put the dates up

The dates will  be in the next edition of the Courier but printed matter takes longer to get out the website will be updated tomorrow.

Jane looks after social media and I look after the forum but we also have a full time job’s  and work Saturdays

The negativity on this forum sometimes makes we wonder why Com bother !

How about  some nice positives on what a cracking weekend SEM was ?

55 minutes ago, Triumph948 said:

Calm down you lot !

we only arranged the open days last Thursday , I have been rather busy at SEM over the weekend.

I don’t need to tell you now as Pete has put the dates up

The dates will  be in the next edition of the Courier but printed matter takes longer to get out the website will be updated tomorrow.

Jane looks after social media and I look after the forum but we also have a full time job’s  and work Saturdays

How about  some nice positives on what a cracking weekend SEM was ?

Thank you for the clarification.  What was sem like then, with pictures.

We moan therefore we are.

the website should be first  with  the news as members pay for the website the small number of odd if you wish to call them negatives only comes from hic ups in 

expectations not met  or not understood     its a members website  FB is not    

all AO are volunteers   theres a lot of it about and yes some are retired which maybe aids time management 

Pete

12 hours ago, Triumph948 said:

I don't think of it as negativity, these are your customers telling you that there is a problem with the service that they are paying for. You should be seeing it as a positive that they are giving you feedback rather than just leaving.

Please can you sign your posts? I don't know who Triumph948 is.

Adrian

Edited by Adrian Cooper
spelling

1 hour ago, Adrian Cooper said:

I don't think of it as negativity, these are your customers telling you that there is a problem with the service that they are paying for. You should be seeing it as a positive that they are giving you feedback rather than just leaving.

I'll agree with that; there's is often a feeling that if you're involved closely with something then everybody knows what's going on everywhere so they don't need to be told. I raised this with the organiser of a local show recently who was disappointed that so few turned up. "...but everybody knew about it!" Obviously they didn't... I for one had no idea it was happening and so missed it. I also wasn't at SEM - look at it from my perspective, it's a show that's very far away and very expensive to get to. Because of this geographical isolation, I'm not in the loop of HQ or most of the mainland shows to hear first-hand what's going on, it's easy to feel left out of the party, and so the forum or The Courier are my only sources of information. I'm not alone in that! 

I have voiced criticism of the main web site numerous times as you all know, including Triumph948 (our fearless leader). As far as I can see nothing much has been done. The SEM (oh, how I hate a acronyms with at least one reference) should have been on the home page in huge friendly letters. I did find it when I looked specifically for it this morning but, had I been able to go, of course it's now too late. I fully agree with the comments about customers telling management what they want and that Farcebook is not the media for general advertising, just like tiktat, whatup, weechat or countless others. I would not even look on this forum for events but would go to the members funded main website and search (!!!) there. As for the club shop, I hope that Julien has more success in setting up what, I believe Garth had started before he left.

11 hours ago, Adrian Cooper said:

Please can you sign your posts? I don't know who Triumph948 is.

Adrian

Hi Adrian 

Triumph948 is my forum name, in the real world I am club chairman Chris Gunby 

I do not have any issue with any of the membership commenting on things that need doing or changing, we have had some great ideas from all of our mediums .

I do have an issue with the words used sometimes !

Personally, I feel both FB and the Club website / forum have their places and I'd like to see the two worked together more effectively. Other organisations use social media to build up interest in announcements to be made on their websites, or vice-versa, with the aim of ensuring the best possible coverage and engagement. There are over 7,000 people following the TSSC FB page and any news there will immediately drop into their news feeds. I suspect daily traffic on the website won't be anywhere near that. Using Facebook to create interest and direct people to the main website and having a homepage that hooks visitors is the panacea. If classic car clubs truly want to engage with a younger audience to keep their models and marques of cars alive and relevant, they need to be using the tools that audience frequents.

That said, not informing the AOs before the social media release was a pretty poor show in this instance - they are the key route to communicating with the whole membership without waiting a month for The Courier.

Gully

I've worked in online "stuff" be it marketing and sales for nearly 30 years and pretty much everything has its use and place.

I am convinced that Facebook and other social media are NOT the place to get help with problems (of any kind).

They ARE great for spreading the word, getting new and old members to connect and drum up interest.

When it comes to general info though you can't beat a good old webpage as a lot of people (rightly) don't use FaceBook etc.

34 minutes ago, DVD3500 said:

I am convinced that Facebook and other social media are NOT the place to get help with problems (of any kind).

Including this forum? I'd class it as social media rather than a webpage.

1 hour ago, DVD3500 said:

When it comes to general info though you can't beat a good old webpage as a lot of people (rightly) don't use FaceBook etc.

Well said - I'll go further and say that if I am forced to have to rely on Facebook for any part of my interaction with the TSSC, then start looking for a new Forum Admin.

Facebook and the various other social media platforms are the same Spawn of the Devil as the external oil feed for the rocker shaft !!!! 

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Including this forum? I'd class it as social media rather than a webpage.

No.

Forums have existed since the '80s. In fact, they existed before webpages.

I tell people all the time on FacecBook:

1. Buy a manual

2. Join a forum and READ

It solves 91.93% of the questions you are likely to have and a forum will get the rest and raise that factor to 91.94%!

I have a Love/hate relationship with FaceAche. But because I have broad interests across a range of differing area`s. it IS a useful marker that something new is happening, as it all gets flagged in the same place. Even if ultimately you have to (say) come back here for the "propper nitty gritty".

For example; I am currently "managing" an issue with the Motorhome, this is across 3 Forum sites. having to log in and out of all 3 can be time consuming. The same across a similar range of F-B forum, would all flag on the same page of "notifications".

Pete

2 hours ago, DVD3500 said:

1. Buy a manual

2. Join a forum and READ

It solves 91.93% of the questions you are likely to have and a forum will get the rest and raise that factor to 91.94%!

Needs to be a good and most importantly accurate manual... however still better than dire websites like Honest John.

I'd amend the above slightly: join a forum and ASK. It's amazing how clear things become after a bit of discussion, almost like thinking out loud.

7 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It's amazing how clear things become after a bit of discussion, almost like thinking out loud.

Are you talking to yourself again? :angry:

Doug

Yes of course! Debates, arguments, rows, not just soliloquies. I had words about the SEM, "Sort the front garden out or you're not going!" I didn't finish it, so that was that. It's like having an inner wife.

Doug