MX5 Seats into Mk2 Vitesse

Puglet1

Hello All.

I am picking up some MX5 Mk1 seats on the weekend.

At this stage I’m guessing the seat rail holes won’t align with the ones on the floor.

I need to keep the seats as low to the floor as possible, Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this and how to modify the runners?

Pete

Edited by Puglet1
Required additional information.

I have the same seats in my Herald. If I was to do this job again I would not modify the MX5 runners, rather would just drill suitable holes in the floorpan. You can get them to fit the original mounting points but it involves slotting the holes where the seats bolt to the runners, cutting bits off the runners, and it will make them super awkward to fit to the car.

Note too that the runners are asymmetric! So the bolt pattern for the left and right seats differs very slightly.

1 hour ago, Josef said:

I have the same seats in my Herald. If I was to do this job again I would not modify the MX5 runners, rather would just drill suitable holes in the floorpan. You can get them to fit the original mounting points but it involves slotting the holes where the seats bolt to the runners, cutting bits off the runners, and it will make them super awkward to fit to the car.

Note too that the runners are asymmetric! So the bolt pattern for the left and right seats differs very slightly.

Hi Josef. I shall take a look when the seats arrive. Do you have any photos of your modification?

Many thanks.

Pete.

Hi Josef.

Please don’t put yourself out. I have found an installation method on line which consists of securing flat bars to the floor pan and then bolting the seats to the bars. 
Thank you for your help.

Pete.

• Like 1