Spitfire steering column clamps

Hi all, new to the forum and hoping someone can help.

My spitfire steering column has a tendency to "wobble" (left to right) at certain speeds (usually around 40-50). Not the kind of wobble you get with unbalanced wheels. On closer inspection, the bottom half of the upper clamp is missing. I believe the parts are UKC5664 and the bolts are UKC7070. Everywhere in the known universe has zero stock of these items, which seems pretty odd. Not sure why the usual suspects like Rimmers and Moss have shelves full of really obscure bits and yet this simple block of steel is beyond economical manufacture!

Given the lack of availability, has anyone found any alternatives that are readily available? 

Have you tried the various breakers? Spitfire Graveyard, Spitbitz. Canley’s, Fitchetts and Wins Ltd are also worth a call for used parts if the dedicated breakers haven’t got anything. These parts are not the sort of thing that rust or degrade so I’d be surprised if you can’t find a second hand one, and that’d also be my pick for why there are no new ones produced!