GT6 MKII Windscreen frame fixings

Ian Cooper

Hi I'm installing the front windscreen frame on my GT6 MKII (from boxes of bits) and I have identified the lower fixings but am struggling with the top of the frame to the roof fixings.

I know there were two long, countersunk head screws which screwed through the frame and up into the roof and I know there were two large rectangular plates which were inside the roof front frame.

Parts catalogues show two hollow tubes with flanges but they appear to pass through the rectangular plates, which the ones I have certainly will not, they will fit through the rubber seal and as such would guide the countersunk head screws through the frame.

One of the tubes has a rubber grommet but the other one does not, is this something that has just found it's way onto the tube or is it a factory fit??

Parts catalogues don't show countersunk head screws, they show hexagon head setscrews, I think my c/s head screws are correct am I right??

If I'm right and if there are supposed to be grommets would they fit above or below the rubber seal (there is a depression in the windscreen frame that could accommodate the grommet??

Any help, advice, knowledge would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian