Door Glass Removal - Spitfire 1500

It’s OK, I’ve figured out that it isn’t those bits that the manual was referring to - glass just won’t budge.

I think I’m going to give it a good clean and mask it well as I spray the door and then attach the door window seals with it in place 👍

Think to detach the glass you have to separate the two 607867 clips each end of the window regulator bar. Not sure if theyre screwed on or a press fit but you have to get round to exterior side of the glass.

The drawing is courtesy of Canley Classics and they also have one of the door glass itself... 

triumph-spitfire-mkiv_1500-window-regulator.thumb.jpg.5c19bebc892a7b065ba8d6281da09018.jpg

11 hours ago, Pettifordo said:

attach the door window seals with it in place 👍

You have to do this anyway, with the glass wound down as far as it’ll go. I’ve got my seal clip fitting tool wrapped in hockey tape to minimise risk of glass damage. Also if you’ve not bought the clip fitting tool yet, don’t! It’s only a bent bit of maybe 1.5mm steel, you must have some scraps kicking around and be able to save yourself £10-15 or whatever daft price they’re sold for…