New member from Cornwall

Hi peeps, just joined after purchasing a 1970 13/60 convertible in October. On the road but a running project. Initially put a new clutch and a good secondhand gearbox in it to make it more of a pleasure to drive. Looking forward to some sunnier weather to get out and about with the top down. 

Hi, thats it gets some miles on it little by little to build up some confidence and work out what needs or you want to improve. I do recommend working your way through the routine maintenance as early as possible in your ownership so you know its right plus it sometimes throws up things before they fail😁

Already on the case . Got a n/s driveshaft u/j starting to knock a bit and new trunions to fit . Always had unusual and nice vehicles ( Bedford CF ambulance, mk1 Granada hearse , 105e , my 3 cortina’s the list goes on as well as building 2 kit cars )To be honest the herald was too cheap not to buy . Was looking for a morris minor but the prices have shot right up. Can’t believe how cheap triumph parts are and how readily available ( both new and second hand) . Used Steve in Tavistock for the gearbox . His place is quite literally an Aladdin’s cave ! 

Yes luckily a lot of Triumphs sold back in the day and as the bodies didnt last long still some fairly low mileage spares around. However its not such a great picture for some new repro stuff as it can be poor quality where the materials and even the dimensions arent correct...

Cornwall's a good place to be - getting round bulbous SUVs in the lanes whose drivers don't know where reverse is, or where the corners are is a doddle in a Herald, and very satisfying! Pootling about and getting all the admiring looks instead of the wildly more expensive and ugly blacked out Range Rover in front is another bonus...

• Like 1

Winter car too, steveo! 😉 No troubles with grip and the heater kept us toasty up to Edinburgh over new year. The wipers are pretty effective, but there are some leaks which mean more demisting than I'd like, and a gap around the seal on the passenger door front which makes a cold draft on the knees. However, with relays for the headlamps (PO running halogens through the dashboard switch with loose connections almost burned up the switch...) the lighting's better than my mother's modern car. I keep being astonished at how much room there is in a Herald for moving things around, too!