Triumph Vitesse Project car

Richiow

Fine, Richiow!   You know rightly!

Do you have a welder?   Because you will need one, and now is the time to start practising on scraps, not when you need to use it on the car.

OR, find if your local College of Knowledge does welding courses - well worth it for the practice and teaching you will get.

Cunning and precise adjuster, Pete.

Another way is to use a 3-4" wide ratchet tensioning strap, right around the rear tub (take out the rear light clusters).

Over tension it, to close up the B-post more than required.

Leave it overnight, release, leave it overnight and repeat until they are back in place.

Worked for me!

John

Thanks John.

We have a welders and I have looked into local courses but being on the isle of wight we are limited for courses like that. We had the outrigger repaired by a family member, but i will start practicing as its a skill i want to learn.

Hi Rich

There is an excellent time-lapse here of a complete rebuild, done by Peter Dunne. See also other videos posted by jademuttley on YouTube for individual jobs. Peter is one of the most meticulous and skilled guys out there, so if you follow his methods, you won't go far wrong:

John - know what you mean about the bonnets - I had one and sold it on to a guy from London who collected it in a van full of veg at 11pm on a Saturday night! Floppy and horrible, but their valances, sills and boot lids are OK if you want to shed weight and are prepared to do some fettling and modifying to fit. This really needs to be taken as a given with GRP panels in general.

Regards

Steve

I was amazed by Peters rebuild and how good his fabrication skills are. Thanks for the link

Chassis has been fully painted now. Due to cost, it was decided to hand paint it in a black chassis paint. We will spend the saved money on ensuring the body work is professionally done. Also spent a bit of time starting to clear up the parts. Will get the suspension cleaned up, stripped down and painted next weekend.

Thank you for all your advice so far. Its proving so useful.

post-1607-0-32659700-1459714280_thumb.jpg

post-1607-0-90916500-1459714334_thumb.jpg

post-1607-0-14810900-1459714370_thumb.jpg

Thanks John.

We have a welders and I have looked into local courses but being on the isle of wight we are limited for courses like that. We had the outrigger repaired by a family member, but i will start practicing as its a skill i want to learn.

you could try skillshack.co.uk , they have welding videos , though haven't seen this one

• 3 weeks later...