Hose pipes to heater and water return pipe

Rogues

Help!!!! I thought I'd just carry out some checks on the heater to my Vitesse Mk2, this became a bigger job as usual resulting in me removing the complete heater, heater control and hoses. When I got this removed I noticed a hose repair on the hose from the adaptor and the stainless steel water return pipe from the pump. Having removed this repaired hose I started to look for its replacement. Well both Rimmer and James Paddock show a short hose 140984, this can't possibly be its replacement since its a short straight hose, my old one Is about 14" long with a number of bends. Can anyone help, really appreciate your comments Roger

Thats what it should be a short connector hose from the steel return pipe to the inlet manifold adaptor. I wonder if as sometimes happens the return pipe corroded and rather than replace it a PO cut it short and found a longer hose to fit. The trouble is it must be quite close to the exhaust manifold and have got hot....

That's interesting because the return pipe is well short of the adaptor, can anyone let me know what  the approximate length of the return pipes should be?? Roger

Could I thank everyone or their speedy responses, they were extremely informative and solve the mystery of my unusual hose pipe situation. I can now go ahead and purchase my hoses and replacement water pipe. Have a great weekend Roger