Vitesse 1600/6 Tyres

Hi!  I purchased a set of John Brown Minilte Alloys which had Old but Nearly New 155/80/13 R 79T Tyres a few years ago!  As the tyres are 10yrs old I am taking the car to have the Tracking and Balancing done this coming week?  If they say to get them changed!  What are the best tyre size to suit the car or do I keep the 155/80/13s

Many Thanks 😊 

Hi Martyn

If the Alloys are 5.5J width 175/70 are a popular size, if 5J width 165/70 are another option. I Wouldn't go any wider or they may catch on the wheelarch edges.

Hi Gary!  Does it say anywhere what size alloys they are?  Or do I measure from front to rear width wise?  Bought these 3 years ago from a club member who was going racing and was upgrading? They are like new unmarked!

3 hours ago, martyn wright said:

Hi Gary!  Does it say anywhere what size alloys they are?  Or do I measure from front to rear width wise?  Bought these 3 years ago from a club member who was going racing and was upgrading? They are like new unmarked!

It should be marked somewhere with the Diameter too.

If not measure across where the tyre bead fits

Most of the Triumph John Brown wheels are 5.5J, some however maybe 5J or 6J Though.

155/80 size tyres are not ideal on 5.5J

Gary