Which lens for Vitesse Mk 2 sidelights?

des789

The restoration of my Park Royal Vitesse Estate is moving on at last - body going on. I've been going through the boxes of exterior fittings, lights etc and have a number of questions. One is about which sidelight lens I should have. I've owned this car for 40 years though not used it for 20, and it now has non matching sidelight lenses (one with a peak, one flattish) so I've presumably replaced one in years gone by. I can't remember which was the original. Mike Costigan's book says that the flatter lens was fitted to later Heralds and Vitesses. My car was registered 02.11.70. Which lens should I use?

Thanks

Des

10 minutes ago, des789 said:

The restoration of my Park Royal Vitesse Estate is moving on at last - body going on. I've been going through the boxes of exterior fittings, lights etc and have a number of questions. One is about which sidelight lens I should have. I've owned this car for 40 years though not used it for 20, and it now has non matching sidelight lenses (one with a peak, one flattish) so I've presumably replaced one in years gone by. I can't remember which was the original. Mike Costigan's book says that the flatter lens was fitted to later Heralds and Vitesses. My car was registered 02.11.70. Which lens should I use?

Thanks

Des

Des

My last Vitesse was built May 1970, I have known the car since 1981 and it was fitted back then with the flatter lens which I'm 99% sure where original (See photo with one of the previous owners taken in 1981).

I would hazard a guess yours should have the flatter lens too with it being a later build.

Keeps us posted with the rebuild

Cheers

Gary

1981 Photo.JPG