Vitesse intake manifold?

PatK

Hi All, can you please identify the intake manifold on my 2L, Mk2 Vitesse. It has been fitted with twin HS6, SU's. I have recently bought a 2L Vitesse intake manifold complete with 150 Strombergs and it is different to the one fitted.

It is a Stanpart manifold and the numbers are Stanpart V3186,  D03 and the letters RKCO have also been stamped onto the casting. 

I want to remove the manifold and fit a completely new exhaust system and would like to order a new gasket set for the manifold once I know from which car it came. Any help would be much appreciated folks.

Thanks     Pat.

PS I have tried to put a photo here so I hope it works!

post-1997-0-31050400-1499280424_thumb.jpg

Looks like a the short pipe SU mainfold which should be fitted with HS4 carbs. Yes from the 2000TC saloon. The HS6 manifold, on the later 2000 and 2500S, has longer pipes and four stud fixing for the HS6 carbs. In your picture I can only see two stub fixing and short pipes. With HS6 carbs.

I agree with Pete it will fit the Vitesse Mk2. However, it may not run as well as the standard set-up with Strombergs. If it runs OK then leave it be.

Regards

Dave

Hi Pat I said resevations about HS6 being pretty troublesome when you bought the car,

so youre looking at putting her back as triumf intended ......it works

look out for a std airfilter box and some intake tubes for some cool air

I use 1.5 sink waste or cheap pond pump flexible hose

We have a area vitesse that has taken the same route putting the CD 150s on transformed a very unhappy car you just could not set up the 6s to work nicely

pete

I second Pete's comments. The HS6 have a larger throat than the Strombergs and this slows down the low engine rev gas speed. In other words the low end torque suffers, it also can create flat spots. The other problem is to get the needles correct over the working range of the engine, time and cost of a rolling road. The original  Stromberg CD150s work well on the standard engine.

Pete as normal is on the ball.

Dave

Looks like a the short pipe SU mainfold which should be fitted with HS4 carbs. Yes from the 2000TC saloon. The HS6 manifold, on the later 2000 and 2500S, has longer pipes and four stud fixing for the HS6 carbs. In your picture I can only see two stub fixing and short pipes. With HS6 carbs.

I agree with Pete it will fit the Vitesse Mk2. However, it may not run as well as the standard set-up with Strombergs. If it runs OK then leave it be.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, good info, I hope to put it back to 1.5 Strombergs eventually when I have assembled all of the parts. It seems to run fine with the HS6's but I'm having a problem with a sticking choke on the Nr2 carb. I have just realised today that the choke tube is slightly bent ( I think ) and a slight sideways pressure pops it back in. Oh the fun of classic cars!

Hi Pat I said resevations about HS6 being pretty troublesome when you bought the car,

so youre looking at putting her back as triumf intended ......it works

look out for a std airfilter box and some intake tubes for some cool air

I use 1.5 sink waste or cheap pond pump flexible hose

We have a area vitesse that has taken the same route putting the CD 150s on transformed a very unhappy car you just could not set up the 6s to work nicely

pete

Thanks Pete. I have managed to buy an airbag and now need to sort out the throttle cable routing and get the Strombergs overhauled this winter. A kindly neighbour, ex garage owner, gave me several Stromberg 150 diaphragms so that will be a start. Thanks Pete.

I second Pete's comments. The HS6 have a larger throat than the Strombergs and this slows down the low engine rev gas speed. In other words the low end torque suffers, it also can create flat spots. The other problem is to get the needles correct over the working range of the engine, time and cost of a rolling road. The original  Stromberg CD150s work well on the standard engine.

Pete as normal is on the ball.

Dave

Thanks Dave, more useful info. I managed to buy a manifold complete with 150 Strombergs on e bay for £65 a bit tatty but I think that they will clean up nice this winter. Point taken, larger aperture slower gas speed. Thanks Dave.