VITESSE Mk2 - Wheel offset

Hello.

Can the Vitesse Mk2 take an Offset 16 ET wheel ??

I'm looking to reduce my wheel diameter from 6 to 5.5; unfortunately the wheels I want to get do not come in 5 width. The offset is 16, hence the enquiry.

Tyres are 165 / 70 /13

I presume the best way to measure offset is jack the car up, straight line edge on the wheel arch and measure the distance between that and the hub face ??

Am I right in thinking that the offset is equal on all four corners ??

Many thanks in advance.

Regards.

Richard.

Hello Clive.

Yes it seems there is a lot more to it !!

I will have a look at this next weekend.

Many thanks and see you at the meeting on Wednesday; if you are going ??

Regards.

Richard.

I had a set of 5.5J x 13" ET16 Offset Dunlop D1 Replica wheels on my recently sold Vitesse had no problems with wheelarch fouling front or back with 175/70 Tyres. 

I did get slight type scub on the front bulkhead on the nearside when revesing on lock though :o

Yep, I'll be there!

Remember some will be there from soon after 7pm sampling the culinary delisghts of the pub, it is the only monthly meeting I can drag my lady wife along to these days. 

Gary, I solve that sort of problem with a lump hammer! and on my currant spit I have used spacers to reduce full lock.

Gary.

That is just the email I was hoping for, as it is the D1's I am thinking of getting.

Minilites look great, but I fancy a change and because they are 6" wide it's a good excuse to look at the D1's.

I'm currently running 165's on the car so will look to keep that size.

Out of interest did you have locking wheels nuts and if so where did you get them from ?? I have not made any enquiries on that yet, so a heads-up would be useful.

Additionally, are the wheel nuts tapered or standard flat ??

Many thanks.

Richard.

Hello Clive.

They are in fact a set of Superlites which (I think) are / were made in Australia.

Not sure if there was any composition difference but visually the same as Minilites.

Already on the car when purchased a number of years ago.

Regards.

Richard.

Enquiry over, as it seems there is a company that specifically makes this wheel for Triumphs with the correct PCD & Offset

Excellent news and thank you all for your assistance.

Richard.

I got the Wheels C/W Special Nuts from the Stoneleigh Triumph show a few years ago off a Company called John Brown Wheels in the Midlands?

If you can wait and attend one of the Larger Shows they often attend selling the Wheels at reduced prices :)  :) .

My wheels had special wheel nuts that accept a special male hexagon addaptor that fit inside the nut, you then fit a 11/16th AF Socket onto the Adaptor to loosen and tighten.

I purchased some black plastic caps that fit in the open end of the special nuts to smarten up the appearance.