MGB 1800 bottom end to triumph 1300 or 1500 head, possible or worthwhile?

jiggawhat2k

On 04/11/2020 at 07:14, clive said:

I am liking this. Well, I probably wouldn't like the exhaust, but the idea is good🙂

If you are serious about trackdays, the TRR is currently working alongside the MGCC to offer trackdays. They split into groups according to experience, and a very friendly bunch. (but you need to sort the exhaust, all the tracks are very twitchy about noise, both at the initial noise test and drive by. I got pulled a couple oftimes when I had a "wheelbarrow" exhaust but it was always just within limits. And I mean just. Car now has 3 boxes fitted, 1x18" 3 1/2diameter between chassis rails, plus a 14" and a 32" 4"diameter boxes at the rear. All 2 1/4" pipe, all straight through boxes. 

If you wanted a std vitesse front pipe, goes from std manifold to the rear of the car, I have one in Brighton FOC. They do tuck up nicely, and a good exhaust box between the spare wheel well and the outrigger gives good clearance too. Just a thought for trackdays etc.

Thanks very much Clive, very kind, I may well take you up on that as I occasionally come down to Brighton to see friends. 

Very interested in the track day, I didn't know there were triumph/mg specific ones. Do ping me with details! 

Thanks very much, Jim 

12 minutes ago, jiggawhat2k said:

Thanks very much Clive, very kind, I may well take you up on that as I occasionally come down to Brighton to see friends. 

Very interested in the track day, I didn't know there were triumph/mg specific ones. Do ping me with details! 

Thanks very much, Jim 

Keepan eye on the TR Register shop/events. There is a Brands day coming up, but my autumn experiences at Brands have been very hit+miss. Mostly miss, as in very slippery. Assuming it will go ahead, which seems unlikely.

• Like 1