Spitfire Mk2 Heater Cable

Peter Truman

The daughter’s Mk2 has never had a Heater Valve Cable fitted just a hole in the dash where it should be! Really not necessary here but she wants the hole fixed after 22 years?
I had a spare choke push pull knob  & spare knob centre pic. I and have just purchased an aftermarket 1.5mt Bonnet or Choke  single strand cable and outer sheath removed the cheapie knob and soldered on the modified Triumph choke fixture/knob 

As the car is at the daughters around 1/2 hour away can anyone tell me the length of the outer cable on the Mk2 Spitfire’s Heater assembly 

Also does the cable pass thro the heater body in one of the two tubes?0C5AB737-6C89-4B2D-AA9D-7EB0010A52AE.thumb.jpeg.da38a78603f0923fb44e62a973267d2a.jpeg

Can’t do length easily I’m afraid, but the routing is similar to the choke cable. The heater cable runs to the same stand-off on the heater box that supports the choke and then through a hole in the bulkhead just above / below the choke. The tubes through the heater box are only for the tacho and speedo cables.