Spitfire Mk3 door glass adjustment

Rockape

Chaps.  
the window on the drivers side is a long way from the newly installed door seal (1cm+ at the top)

the only adjustment I can see is to slacken the top pair of retaining bolts, remove and install a spacer in the lower pair of bolts shown in the drawings and then tighten all four. This should push the guides slightly towards the seal at the top. 

photos show my door with the card off (surprisingly easy to do - and now I know I need a new handle!)

anyone done this and have any feedback before I make a complete horlicks of it?

B7EFEEB7-D66C-43A6-A2AE-3946A272F936.jpeg

26F11C9A-EDFB-4708-9C2E-D1185E84CDB1.jpeg

image.jpg

Adding spacers to the bottom fixings is certainly an option. Also worth checking the "guide packing pieces" and the way the guides align with the glass fully up. If you look at the drawing, the channels narrow at the top, towards the interior of the car. This is intentional, to pull the glass toward the seal as it reaches full height. However, when the drop glass is fully up there is very little locating it and they do flop about a bit (this is why the GT6 has quarter-lights - it stops the glass being sucked outwards by the airflow at speed).

9 minutes ago, NonMember said:

this is why the GT6 has quarter-lights - it stops the glass being sucked outwards by the airflow at speed.

At speed? What is this of which you speak !!!

And yes - will look at the guide pieces.

Basically anything you might be able to wiggle or adjust is fair game here! If you’re happy with the height and angle of the window right now though try and take care to only move the channels in and out with the shims and not knock them up or down…

• Thanks 1