Seat covers - GT6 Mk2 suppliers

Flatter4

Hi,

Can anyone give some recommendations on seat cover suppliers for a GT6 Mk2 - in tan colour.

Park Lane don't do them (though I've not contacted them)

British Sports Car Trim don't do them

I'm left with:

Newton Commercial - Good / expensive

TSSC - Good, sourced from Newton I believe, and cheaper than them!

Rimmer Brothers - unknown quality, but potentially a lot cheaper than TSSC (especially as they currently have 15% off).  Also offer leather (though not in tan)

Has anyone had experience with the Rimmers product?  Or other recommendations.

Cheers,

I purchased mine (GT6 Mk1) from the Club shop (support it or lose it) and not least because of reservations on Rimmers' quality on a variety of items; you pay for what you get.  Had a professional trimmer fit the covers who commented favorably on the quality of the covers, and the instructions although he did not use those, and found the non-symmetrical shape of the seats 'amusing'.

Dick 

I can only comment on the seat pads, foams and straps which I purchased from Newtons (club shop didn't stock them when I redid my seats) for my mk2 GT6. They were very good and service was too. I reused the seat covers because they were in good nick, but it was a pain to fit the old seat covers over new foams so a lot of coffee, swearing and head scratching ensued. Using a hairdryer to soften the vinyl helped considerably as did the use of decent glue!