Herald 13/60 - XHX181G

Darrell

Hi Darrell, welcome to the forum.

The good news is that the DVLA website says that the car is currently taxed, and its last log book was issued on the 14 January 2021, which means that it probably has a new owner and is "on the road".

The bad news is that it is impossible to identify who owns it, so unless the current owner is also a TSSC Forum member and sees this post, or another TSSC Forum member knows of the car then identifying its owner will be nigh on impossible.

I dont know what colour it was originally, but the DVLA website says that it is currently Blue.

1968 Triumph Herald 13/60 – XHX 181G

Searched for the reg and found some photos at the Crich Tramway Village in 2015. Might be worth messaging the photographer there in case he got the owner’s name at the time. Bit of a long shot as it’s a few years ago now, but you never know! (The photo is a link to flikr with another picture and the photographer’s details)

Edited by Josef

Hi Kevin and Josef,

Thanks so much for your welcome and your replies. I am really grateful for the information. It is lovely to know that the old Herald is still around and hopefully continuing to be restored. I will certainly follow up with Paul the photographer from the Crich Tramway Village show.

I have included a photo of how the car used to look when I first had it and did it up with my father. The photo is from the late1980s/early 1990s and looks a little happier. As you will see the original colour was Valencia Blue (Tan trim). My Grandad purchased the car new from Sidcup, Kent for £811. He paid in cash getting £156 off the price for part exchange of his old Herald.

Thanks again.

Triumph Herald - XHX 181G.jpeg

• Like 2