Hello from West Wilts

Just saying hello. 

Not been an owner long and haven't got very far with the work but hoping to proceed at pace this summer. 

Mine's a bright yellow MK3 Spitfire with a 1500 engine apparently fitted from factory... Exported to Cyprus in '68 as new and reimported at some point. Originally red, PO did a body on job of the body and paint which looks great but isn't perfect. 

Has a steel hard top (black) but soft top in rags on the garage floor for now pending me biting the bullet and making holes in the body to fit a new one. 

Ran beautifully but not brilliant at stopping when I got it. Stops ok now thanks to new rear brakes but needs a tune up so not running quite as nice. 

Interior mostly bare metal or bodged rough work. 

All the lights work now (except the indicators don't flash)

Bought the car because it's simply beautiful but always intended to be driven and tinkered with in (hopefully) equal amounts. 

Welcome on board fellow Mk3’er!

They are beautiful cars, and great to drive (when all works as it should).

Sounds like you have a good project on your hands, and these cars are relatively easy to tinker with.  This welcoming community (and others) have a whole wealth of invaluable knowledge, which has certainly helped me!

Good luck!

Dave

Hello there. If you are in Trowbridge, why not come and join us at The Foxham where the North Wiltshire branch meet every second Tuesday of each month. Details are in the magazine and all Triumphs are very welcome. My Spit started life as a 1500 but now has GT6 mechanicals.

Best WIshes

Jim