Rear suspension rebuild and diff

Adrian

Hello all, many thanks for the advice regarding the front suspension and bearings I am now planning the rear work and as the title suggests it includes the dif. I haven't started yet but wanted to seek any words of wisdom. This is what I'm planning but I know it can get out of hand,

-Strip, de-rust and paint.

-Whilst stripped, clean, de-rust and paint body and chassis where accessible.

- Mark at jigsaw said you don't need the hub puller?

-But I have a diff leak which I know is no surprise but if stripping is it worthwhile taking off and redoing gaskets. Looks to me like the front oil seal is on the way out. So get reconditioned unit or do it myself?

If I take the diff off I'll be removing the leaf spring, does anyone have any dimensions to check if it is sagging (current ride height seems ok).

Rebuild with new jigsaw cv conversion - advice on the dreaded end float.

I think I've attached the photos ok.

Thanks

1972 GT6 mk3 rotoflex

post-1605-0-46666900-1456053742_thumb.jpeg

post-1605-0-43707400-1456053759_thumb.jpeg

The spring should have 11 Leaves if its a MK2 Vitesse Spring?

Dimensions should be around 1012mm Eye to Eye  and with the spring removed and resting on the floor in its fitted position if you measure from the underside of the middle of bottom leaf to the floor it should be around 165mm if it's not sagged? 

I stripped a Good Mk2 spring down and refurbished it, I cleaned and derusted each leaf, re-painted and re-assembled with new Thrust buttons between the Leaves and new Eye bush's, the car rode much smoother after, 

The Rear Diff oil seal is not to difficult to swop after removing the Nut and drive Flange, getting the old one out can be a pain! Check the part of the Propshaft Drive flange that runs on the lip of the seal for rust and pitting, if bad it will need cleaning up with emery paper till smooth, if really bad a New or good Secondhand one will be needed. 

Setting the Endfloat on Rotoflex suspension can be tricky, the Canley Classics website helps explains it, but if your planning on a CV Conversion some systems do away with the Shim system?