GT6 Mk3 engine woes

Mack

I’ve replayed the video several times and literally cannot hear a thing.

I may have my iPad set incorrectly or I have gone completely deaf .

Others (Paul H . Iain T. ) have re also said the same but I don’t know if they can hear anything at all eg. Engine ticking over?

I hear the noise you refer to but, sounds to me like it's just a resonating/vibration noise as the running engine is coming to a stop. Could be lots of things, exhaust would be my first guess. Old cars do produce all sorts of odd noises, especially if not set up correctly. Personally the noise you refer to wouldnt worry me. Just keep an eye on how the plugs are burning, oil and water levels, you could also check crank end float. I've used basic Gunson tuning equipment for 40+ years, colour tune,  carb balancer, and an exhaust gases anyliser to keep my cars in tune. I run standard HS6 Sprint carbs on my Vitesse, and work well, but do like the standard stromberges on my gt6, cant remember having to adjust the mixture on them in 20 years, plugs always spot on.  Your Engine sounds sweet to me.

I agree although if you watch the video very closely just as the engine stops, the noise is produced and at the same time the heater hose does a strange little wobble. Doesnt seem to come from engine movement as thats pretty stable so dont know if its related or what could cause it....

Thanks all, sorry about the video. I had to reduce the quality to reduce the size and you can barely hear the noise at the end.

I took the car for a good drive today and the vibration seems to have gone for now. Will keep an eye on it. Still some setup to do but will refine it by driving it!

I think I am overthinking every little thing so will just enjoy driving and working on the car.

Thanks again for all the help!