GT6 Sill

Hello all,

I've recently purchased what are allegedly Heritage outer sills for my Mk3. They both sweep upward toward the leading edge that lines up with the wheel arch pressing on the front wing/bonnet. This will create an awful body line down the side of the car without modification to the sill. Has anyone experienced this with sills? Normally Heritage are the best. I did note that the heritage stickers were on the outside of the sill, normally the stickers are on the inside of the panel?

Regards~

What exactly do you mean? Photos would be useful! The sill are quite flexible, and will certainly need work to fit. It’s not impossible you’ve got a bad pressing batch though. You can usually see tool wear marks on the heritage sills nowadays. The ones I had a few years ago compared well side by side with a NOS Rover stickered one I got. That also didn’t ‘just’ fit though, some of that being cause I was ground up rebuilding that side of the car.

• Like 1

Here you go, not the best sketch and maybe a little exaggerated but hopefully this gives you an idea of what I've got. I could quite easily cut and weld the sill and get rid of the cutve but then this just presents problems elsewhere. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced sills like this? 

20240605_074917.jpg

From your drawing that does seem unusual.

Could you do a photo? 

The upper surface should be flat/ straight.

Not sure if relevant, but all the various Heritage panels I have had have always had labels on inner surface- they  are memorable as they are so hard  remove.