Spitfire mk3 fuel tank drain plug

Stupps

Hello all, new member here so please be patient!

I removed the compression joint from my fuel line at the tank, to take the fuel tank out. On attempting to reassemble I couldn't then get the brass nut into the threaded drain plug (if that's the right name for it) to remake the compression joint. It seems i've ovalled the drain plug in a foolish attempt at removing it.

What do I do now?? Is it possible to replace the drain plug? I wondered if it could be re-tapped but not sure that would work.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Pete

Not familiar with some of this but the drain/sleeve nut tube could be tapped if it is really distorted

its the seating for the olive or flare thats critical ,

im surprised you can distort the threaded tube by removing the nut or removing the tank are you sure this is correct the tube is fairly bullet proof.

make sure the nut is free on the pipe, fully insert the pipe before adding the nut

pete

Thanks Pete. I was surprised by it myself but the nut is not going back into the threaded tube. I've now got tank out on the bench and the nut detached from the pipe but still no joy.

The damage will have been done when I tried, in error, to screw the tube itself off (it's hexagonal, I thought it might be easily removed from the tank).

Will try re-tapping the thread inside the tube and see how it goes.