Laon Historique 2025

JonLow

Friday 6th to Monday 9th June 2025

Thinking of going next year, for the first time. I have been looking at the Car Scenic Tours website, as advertised in the Courier magazine. Have any members been before and can they give on info/recommendations of the accommodation on offer?

Thanks.

I went to this event for the first time this year, absolutely loved it. The sort of event I would happily do every year, however 2025 is LeMans year 

You can save a few hundred quid if you buy the entrance only ticket through Scenic  Car tours and then book your own accommodation, we did with the same Ibis that Scenic Car Tours use, and channel crossing. Ibis was your basic travel lodge type of accommodation, very well placed for pedestrian  access to the old town and Parc Foch.

Been twice, in blank CLM years, but some time ago (2017 & 2019) when the Club took the lead through Scenic Car Tours with a campsite on the Southern outskirts of the city; camped first year then a chalet (better).  Bit of a hike into town so would recommend the Ibis alternative.  Good value for money and an excellent organised event well worth attending.  I was also impressed by Scenic's approach to the event and support throughout.  I did an article for The Courier (July 2019) and looking forward to probably going again in 2026.

Dick

Thanks for the updates so far. I have launched in with a booking. Rang the company and asked for more info and did decide upon booking in for the Ibis hotel. The guy I spoke to says he has stayed there a couple of times and says it is a good location with gated carpark for car security. He says he has 9 other people booked in there already. I did try and look to see what cost of booking privately, but it shows as no availability at all for that weekend. Guess it is all block booked for the event.