horns

theestimator

i had this problem and found that one of the horns was faulty.disconnect one horn and see if the horn works from the horn push -if it does the other horn is faulty and vice versa.i took ages checking earths etc before i found the cure and replaced the faulty horn with one of fleabay.the other posisibility is a wiring connection  fault between the two horns.

good luck

• Like 1

Agree with John's diagnosis.

I ran with one horn for many years without realising it. I always thought I had a very woofly tone and it passed many MOTs to boot. I had both problems a faulty horn and inadequate earth.

A simple test would be to run a live wire direct from the battery to each horn in turn. If they both work then you have a wiring problem. If one or other fails then you have either a faulty horn or an earthing problem. This is easily overcome by earthing each horn directly to the chassis. Make sure it's a clean connection or it won't solve the problem. If both now work then it's an earthing problem, if not you have a faulty horn.

Once you've done all that you can sit back and enjoy the melodious sound of twin horns and so can your neighbours!

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1