Front pulley and pistons...

Gadgetman

Does anyone have a good front crank pulley and a couple of Std pistons for a 1600?

I'm building up my spare engine to swap over this winter and the pulley damper is shot and 2 pistons have ring groove damage. One bore is bad so I'm getting that one sleeved to keep it standard size if I can get a couple of pistons ( cheaper than a rebore on all 6 pots and new pistons!)

Pete

Is the gudgeon pin to crown height the same on the herald pistons?

The bore would need a +40 1600 piston to clear the gouge. I will look at the herald bore sizes to see what would work in lieu of trying to get replacement standard pistons / ring set and sleeving 1 bore. ( £100 to get it sleeved and bored)

bore for 1200 is 69.3  69.29mm    1600  66.75   66.74mm       13/60   73.66   73.64

both have same gudgeon pins are same at  20.64  20.63mm

says to fit liners in 1600 bore to  74.01     74.0mm  

somewhere there are not recomended to bore a 1600 to take it up to 2 ltr    74.696   74.689mm  due to water jacket wall

gets over thinned   guess its ok with a liner fitted  !!!! ????     I dont know ,  needs some homework doing 

Pete

Thanks Pete

I just need to find a set and a half of std 1200 Pistons then or a single 1600 piston. Could be hunt the Pistons at Beaulieu time this sept!

Along with hunt the front pulley ....

Does anyone know if a 2ltr crank pulley will fit?

Thanks Pete

I just need to find a set and a half of std 1200 Pistons then or a single 1600 piston. Could be hunt the Pistons at Beaulieu time this sept!

Along with hunt the front pulley ....

Does anyone know if a 2ltr crank damper/ pulley will fit?