GT6 mk3 Petrol filler cut out in rear wing & Body paint removal

kevin

Hi

Recently fitted a new rear near side wing as part of a total restoration, I then go to remove the old petrol filler cut out to insert it into the new wing and find that its a home made job, so the recessing is poor quality and inconsistent.

Has anybody got an genuine old wing or filler cut out hanging about - will pay and travel to find a good example?

I will also be needing to get the renovated body tub stripped - what are the pros and cons of soda blasting , acid dipping and any other paint removal processes that anybody has experience of?

Regards

Kevin

Hi

Recently fitted a new rear near side wing as part of a total restoration, I then go to remove the old petrol filler cut out to insert it into the new wing and find that its a home made job, so the recessing is poor quality and inconsistent.

Has anybody got an genuine old wing or filler cut out hanging about - will pay and travel to find a good example?

I will also be needing to get the renovated body tub stripped - what are the pros and cons of soda blasting , acid dipping and any other paint removal processes that anybody has experience of?

Regards

Kevin

Kevin I cut  a rear wing section out containing the recess. It looks okay to me. Drop me a pm if of interest.

cheers

John