About the Club and Forum

Roger

Is it only me, missing this main topic (the club and forum) here? I think it could be a topic under “General” perhaps? Anyway, I think that it is great to finally have the forum up and running. Great job from those who made it happen, thanks!

Also one thing I have noticed on the homepage: under “contact us” there is only one single e-mail address (info), and under “meet the team” none of the team members have added their e-mail, not even our “communications officer”. Is it meant to be that way? There are a lot more e-mail addresses in the Courier, why not put them on the homepage too? Just a thought…

• 4 months later...

Hello!

I have to log in with username and password in order to get access to the forum, and this was not the case before. Have the administrators change something? Is the forum only for paying members nowadays? Just curious…

Cheers,

Roger.

Anyone can join the forum - it's not exclusively for Club members.

The front end of the forum has now been setup so that you need to be a member of the Forum and signed in (not the Club) so that you can view the forum.

Many of us choose to remain signed in on a computer (there is a tick box you can choose on the sign in page), so every time we access the forum we are immediately "in" without having to sign in first.

The reason this has been done is to try and stop spammer posts - there is a loophole in the forum software that allows guests to post without being members - the only way to stop this is to enforce a sign-in.

Before the change we had several postings from spammers using this loop hole to advertise their various generic erectile dysfunction drugs.

We still have a lot of spammers trying to sign up as members, but the software has a lot of features to filter them out, and very few actually manage to end up as members and are swiftly deleted before managing to post.

For the record, there are currently 420 genuine forum members, in addition there have been 318 accounts created by spammers, and only 2 of them have managed to get past the anti-spammer filters.

• Like 1

I signed up to this forum last week and then decided to join the club too but this has caused a problem when I tried to 'Create new account' using my membership number as it said my email has already been registered - which is true of course but surely I can't be the first person to join the club after first being a forum member. Have emailed Angie, who I'm sure, will sort things out for me.... Looking forward to getting all the admin aspects sorted out so can concentrate on my quest to purchase a GT6 and get involved with the club!

Kind regards,

dave

Dave,

Your account on the Club main website - which gives you access to the discounted Club Shop prices, and your account on this Forum are two totally separate entities.

Your account on the Club main website is validated via your membership number using a secure server located at the Club HQ.

Your account on this forum is validated via the email address you used to create your forum account.

The Forum software will only allow one account per email address, which explains the message that you got.

If you want to change the "screen name", or "sign in name" associated with your forum account, then there are links at the top of the page to allow you to update your profile.

There is no requirement to have any connection between your Forum account and your Club shop account - they can use totally different user names and passwords and email addresses, or if you want you can make both accounts use the same user name, password and email address - but if you change one, the other is NOT automatically changed as there is no linkage between the two accounts.