Herald/Vitesse Vehicle Inspections

Ricky

Hi all,

I am looking around for a Herald Convertible or similar, but as I live in the Frozen North beyond the White Wall, all of the cars for sale seem to be down South. Something to do with the economy perhaps, despite Osborne's Northern Powerhouse (cue cynical laugh) .

So I went to see a Herald yesterday it was apparently "superb" etc etc and was tatty and quite frankly pretty bodged.I simply cannot spare the time to risk that again and lose a day travelling, does anyone know of companies that do inspections in the South? I wouldn't use AA RAC as they don't really understand our type of cars these days.I am perfectly capable of checking out the right car, but I'm afraid , once I arrive 300 miles later, the sellers have confused "patina" with "knackered"!! :)

i would stick to our club classifieds which tend to be sales of loved cars rather than trader out heaps

I have a members  13/60  Conv. in pretty good condition but its down in sunny and wet bedforshire that a member will be putting up for sale any time soon,  need some odd jobs but clean and pretty rust free  

pete

I will keep my ears open 

he has two cars and cant work on any I get involved and desperate to reduce the can you do this for me calls 

one car make a 50% improvement ,  its a pretty tidy car in white ,   certainly not rusty and brilliant chassis 

i will make some subtle enquires and let you know 

Pete