ALEXANDER MANIFOLD + STROMBERGS

Hello.

A friend of mine passed the following images to me: a matched pair of 125CD Stromberg's with the correct Alexander inlet manifold.

The number on the carbs is AF6034L & AF6034R, the numbers are stamped on the carbs and not via the usual brass tag.

This set-up was purpose made by Alexander for a 1200 Herald and would run with a D5 needle.

The induction set is with a fellow classic vehicle enthusiast, known to my friend, and is believed to be up for sale.

I have no other information about the system (condition & cost etc), but thought I would pop it on here in case a TSSC member may be interested in taking the matter further.

Many thanks.

Richard.

Alexander 1.png

Alexander 2.png

Hello Colin.

Yes I do recall you posting on the Forum regarding such.

Ironically the chap selling is in Ireland and I thought it may well have been you, but my friend has confirmed a different name.

It appears that the set-up has now gone on to the Triumph Owners Club "For Sale" page; however there is no club with that exact title as far as I am aware, the nearest to that being the Triumph Sporting Owners Club based in the NW. Checked their website address but appears to be no longer running, so I have no idea what club page they are on or the asking price.

They are not on my radar, so it was more the coincidence factor that made me enquire further.

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks Dave, a useful point - I wonder how many potential new owners of the kit will know that ??

I suspect some may just see it as a SU alternative.

Regards.

Richard.

Richard, Very few will know of the full kit. The SU kit was available on the Standard 8/10 and then on to the 948 Herald. Back in the 1960's a work colleague had a full Alexander tuned 948 Coupe with a de-cambered rear spring. It went like a rocket. He sold it and bought a new 12/50 which turned to be a lot slower!

Dave

3 hours ago, classiclife said:

It appears that the set-up has now gone on to the Triumph Owners Club "For Sale" page; however there is no club with that exact title as far as I am aware, the nearest to that being the Triumph Sporting Owners Club based in the NW. Checked their website address but appears to be no longer running, so I have no idea what club page they are on or the asking price.

Richard.

Try these guys: https://triumph-owners-club.co.uk

...but not on their 'For Sale' page as far as I can see. I'll probably know the seller, it's a small world over here especially with Heralds.