Herald Fuse Boxes .........again ?

pageste

Im sure this has been discussed before but has anyone got some good tips or suggestions regarding fitting a Fuse Box into a 1360 ? So far I have fitted a new fuse box in the upper part of the footwell. I have run wires from the "ignition on" part of the starter switch to the live side of the Fuse box and then from the fused side to various items I guessed would benefit from being protected, ie: wiper motor , heater . I read about not having both lamps on the same fuse so you have always got some lighting for safety but is it OK to fuse brake lights ? I intend keeping my dynamo partly because changing to alternator would mean sourcing a new Tacho and I will be using ordinary bulbs to start with. I may upgrade to Halogen at a later date using relays. Any info or pictures would be gratefully received as the dash is out so its a good time to be doing it all.Thanks in advance

Have a look at vitesse wiring, they have a fusebox, albeit simple. Otherwise very very similar to a herald. Or indeed, spitfire.

I would expect a fusebox close to the dynamo control box would be easiest? fusing the wires from that would be a simple solution?