Herald/Vitesse Convertable Roof Header Finisher 609602

PatK

Hi All, I wonder if you can help me identify if this is the correct part and hopefully where I can get another. This is the plastic finisher that sits at the front of the convertible roof header rail, by that I mean the rail that is clamped to the top of the windscreen frame and this plastic sits at the front of this and clamps to the windscreen, sitting on the front outside of the windscreen frame and is visible from the outside of the car as a black plastic half round seal with the vinyl of the roof beginning immediately behind it. It is secured to the header rail by an aluminium " U " track that also holds the header rail foam seal. I think the part number may be 609602, but I'm not sure as both the parts catalogue and Canley's diagram are very difficult to identify parts due to congestion. If this is the part, at the moment, Rimmers, Canleys and Paddocks don't have them in stock. Does anyone know who would be likely to?

Many Thanks

Patrick

12 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Item number 63 on page 113 of the spare parts catalogue described as 609602 finisher roof header black.

Listed as not available which would indicate that it is obsolete, so you are looking for used.

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul, so I guess that it is the correct part. I thought that it might be no longer available. My car has one but the person that fitted the hood cut it too short on one side, or got the position wrong. I'm wondering if there is a similar section out there somewhere. i looked on Woolies web site but could not see anything that matches, but there must be one similar somewhere. Thanks again Paul, I will let the forum know if I find one.

Patrick