Windscreen Fitter Leicester/Northants Area

Nigel Clark

Please could I ask if anyone who can recommend a windscreen fitter who knows how to properly fit a front screen to a GT6 Mk3? These are quite tricky because of the stainless steel trim that fits on the rubber. It's a wide stainless channel, much like fitted on the Stag and quite different from the simple plastic chrome effect strips that press in to earlier Spitfire/GT6/TR screen rubbers. Since the car was resprayed a couple of years ago, it's had a cheapo plastic copy of the original stainless trim which doesn't fit well, spoiling the look of an otherwise very presentable car. I've managed to get an original stainless trim set and really want to get this finishing touch on the little GT6.

Very few modern screen fitters have either the experience or the wish to tackle this job. I knew an old chap in Rugby who could do these but he's retired now.

I'm happy to have a mobile fitter come to me or to travel to his premises. As I'm in Market Harborough, ideally the fitter should be based in Leicestershire or Northamptonshire.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations you can give.

Nigel

PS: I've also posted this on the TR Register Forum.