Roadworthy at last.

Wagger

It has taken me almost 3 months to get this car so that is is usable. Had to venture out in the main car to find 20 litres of Super-unleaded because I only had 3 litres left in the tank after playing around for ten weeks. I also wanted to flush the fuel through again after fitting a glass bowl type fuel pump. I fitted the service kit first, of course.

I experimented with pumps in series and found that all will work ok whichever one is first in line. I have left both in situ but disconnected the cheapo electric one which has an inline filter screwed onto it. The mechanical one now sucks through it. If I need to, I can use the electric one to drain he system by simply disconnecting a pipe and collecting it in a can. Gave some to D-I-Law when she was desperate last week using this method. Switches are in the cockpit so that arcing does not cause problems.

Should the mechanical one fail, I can get home using the electric one. I am never sure these days if replacement parts are up to the job.

I am now working on sorting the locks so that I can do the occasional shopping trip and visit the local group and spares man. I am going to use a wheelclamp if I have to leave it out of sight. I have always used my own tricks for immobilising engines with 'Points' in the distributor. Shorting the points out is a good dodge and it can be done invisibly. If you do this, or remove the rotor arm, leave a warning for yourself on the steering wheel or key ring. I have returned after a few hours and forgotten that I did this. Very embarassing.