How tight ?

Bfg

I wonder if anyone has a Standard-Triumph torque figure for the rubber spaced body to chassis mounting bolts on their car ?  Or any UK model classic car ?? 

I ask this because there's not a figure quoted in the TR4 / TR4A manual, and there are twenty-seven 5/16" UNF bolts (or hex-head set-screws) in the set, most of which fasten the thin-gauge floor pan ..albeit frequently but not always backed up by an also not-very-robust body mounting bracket. (by "not very robust" I mean that I could easily bend such a bracket by hand, via a pair of mole grips). 

The mount's clamping is of course through reinforced-rubber pads, some 1/8" thick and others at 1/4" thick (surely there to help prevent the transmission of vibration ?).  Those bolts are also shown in the parts book as having split lock washers to prevent their vibrating loose, which again will splay out when overly tightened.  Accordingly, I would have presumed the bolts ought not be very tight ..perhaps just 6 - 8 ft.lb.  ..or possibly 8 -10 ft.lb at the body front & rear extremities (ie., outside the occupant enclosure). 

Conversely, a TR expert / professional on the TR Register simply suggests they need be "tight".    Admittedly, to me that word is like saying a bit of string is "long".

Btw. even if a grade-2 (standard / low grade steel) 5/16" fine threaded bolt, when tightened to 11.25 ft.lb - has a clamping force of around 2400lb (each bolt).  What's the point of having a 1-1/2" diameter rubber pad clamped under a ton compression ?

Thanks, Pete