GT6 MKIII original carpet colour

Sid

Hi,

Does anyone know what colour the carpets would have been in my GT6 MK3 when new?

It has paint code 96 (sapphire blue) and trim code 27C (shadow blue, cloth seats). Whilst the seats, arm rests, door cards etc are blue, the carpet is black. Is that how it would have been originally? Or would the carpets have been shadow blue as well (as available through the club shop).

Many thanks, Chris

Cloth seats were introduced on the late mk3, I know this because I've got one! :) My GT6 is painted mimosa and had cloth chestnut seats and chestnut carpet.

A Sapphire blue GT6 mk3 comes to East Berks, it has blue carpets, blue cloth seats and a very rare blue rear seat. All original.

However, mimosa GT6s also more commonly came with black seats and carpet. I think black was standard and coloured seats and carpets an option?

So I would suggest that if you have blue seats the carpet was also probably blue.

Doug

9 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Cloth seats were introduced on the late mk3, I know this because I've got one! :) My GT6 is painted mimosa and had cloth chestnut seats and chestnut carpet.

A Sapphire blue GT6 mk3 comes to East Berks, it has blue carpets, blue cloth seats and a very rare blue rear seat. All original.

However, mimosa GT6s also more commonly came with black seats and carpet. I think black was standard and coloured seats and carpets an option?

So I would suggest that if you have blue seats the carpet was also probably blue.

Doug

Thanks Doug, that's what I suspected but didn't know for sure.

That was my 1st ever forum post, so I'm really pleased to get a response.

Cheers, Chris

Chris,

Welcome to the forum, sorry it took so long to reply we're normally quicker than this! 

I put my cloth seats through the washing machine, they came out surprisingly well. However 10 years later I've replaced them with some covers from this guy, excellent quality and good value. He also does the seat interior foams.

Park Lane Classics - No1 For Triumph Spitfire and GT6 Interior Trim

I also got new chestnut carpet from these guys, principally as they're the only ones who do chestnut! 

UK classic car carpets, car covers, van lining material and trim.

Doug

Sid - Welcome to the forum. I got loose lay carpets back in the 1980s. No money, no experience. Got the cheapest going. They are just starting to need replacement. I will probably get loose lay again, being a cheapskate, but mine are boring black. Try using the search function. 'Carpet' will give you loads of hits. You can sort them by date. Happy reading...you have come to the right place... don't be afraid to ask!!!

• 2 weeks later...