Wanted: Spitfire/ Gt6 mk3 radio blanking plate

Ken Nolan

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

I have the blanking plate, the one without the cutout for fitting without the radio! Would be a shame to cut it, i might have an opening one but that will require a good search.

Thanks Matthew, I agree it wound a shame to cut one up but if you come across the other one let me know. Also what price too. 

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

I will have a route through and bring along to duxford, if anyone else needs anything and it fits in my spitfire i will bring along! If i have it ,i will find it by then. 

The last one sold on eBay for around £20 or so. I won’t be at Duxford and would best need it posted, which I will pay for. 

thanks the pic , it’s exactly what I need. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/08/2022 at 13:45, Mathew said:

I have the blanking plate, the one without the cutout for fitting without the radio! Would be a shame to cut it, i might have an opening one but that will require a good search.

I thought I had replied before but I would like to purchase that radio plate. Let me know if we can arrange the sale of the radio plate. 

Thanks again 

Ken

On 17/09/2022 at 10:09, Sparky_Spit said:

Yes, nice period radio Colin.  My father had a "foreign" radio in a 1300FWD in the 1970's, which was eventually handed down to me.

The instruction book stated  "Switch on your new radio and gaze in wonderment at the enchanting blue light." 

Excellent sales pitch

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I’m also after one of these plates either a blank or cut for an original radio to be bolted in. I have a Bluetooth converted Radiomobile radio ready to go into my 79 1500, only I cut out the original plate for a single DIN stereo about 25 years ago!

If anyone has one and is prepared to put it in a padded envelope to Australia, please let me know

Cheers

Mike