Herald bulkhead mounts, rubber or solid ?

steveo

My door gaps are quite even top to bottom on the B post, just way too small, on the driver's side when you close the door the 1/4 light frame hits the windscreen pillar and pushes it forward, driving with the hood up makes everything tighter.

May have to do some cutting & welding to the base of the A post as when I got the car it was so rusty it was hard to tell what it was supposed to look like, think its welded up with the top of the bulkhead to far back, did prop it up with wood but think it may have sprung back a bit, also put a rear chassis rail in the driver's side rear (passenger side done years ago, not very well).

B posts were also not connected to the floor but the original spot weld were still visible so I know they are close, posts are now seam welded and it has no tub spread like most cv's.

Poor old girl has had so much work in the past it's hard to get her back to something like she left the factory with, luckily I have welded up old bangers for the last 35 years, it's just the separate chassis thing that's new to me, Transit vans and 70's yanks are more my thing, all a bit less wobbly than a Herald ! 

Cheers, Steve.