Spitfire MK2 parcel tray/glove box fitting and fixings

It’s six self tappers. Two through the back of each box into spire nuts on the firewall and one on the top of each a post. Plus rivets to fix them to the metal cross pieces between the a posts and the bracket behind the h frame. I’ll nip and take some photos in a few mins.

Parcel_Shelf_Information.docDon't know if these help they are for USA LHD models, don't know if there just mirror imaged?

I made mine the bottoms thin plywood with light timber 1/4in wide 1in high upright flanges back and sides, with the shelf sides and back from new millboard screwed into the base upright flanges. Easy to remove by unscrewing and no distorting the millboard to pull out, also the fuse box flasher can and wiring is easy to access.

On the drivers side in the new plywood shelf base I've cut a rectangular hole and mounted the radio at an angle so the front is above the shelf (can be seen to access knobs) and the back below the carpet overlay hides the radio top, hence the shelf can still be used to store soft things.

Spitfire_PS_Back_T.pdf Spitfire_PS_Bottom-Back_T.pdf Spitfire_PS_Left_T.pdf Spitfire_PS_Left_T.pdf Spitfire_PS_Right_T.pdf

• Like 1