Diff Exhaust Hanger

Hi,

The exhaust on my Herald 12/50 hangs quite low where it passes under the diff and rear chassis crossmember.

Is it possible to fit a hanger from the diff to support the exhaust pipe,  using this hole to mount it from?
I think Spitfire's had a hanger here, will Spitfire parts work for this application?

Kind Regards
Jon

Diff.png

Yes, I don't see why not

On my MK2 Vitesse I used that hole to support the rear of the exhaust pipe and the front of the rear silencer off that location with a simple bracket and strap hanger.

Regards

Gary

• Like 1

agree any rubber strap and clamp will work they all should have a support from that hole 

good to see the mount has the correct star washers fitted 

the 4 bolts should be a wedgelock  have a tapered shank as the 4 holes are bigger than the 3/8" bolts thread 

you dont want one to unscrew,  makes a wonderous racket and you grind to a stop   

easy to check while its off 

Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

agree any rubber strap and clamp will work they all should have a support from that hole 

good to see the mount has the correct star washers fitted 

the 4 bolts should be a wedgelock  have a tapered shank as the 4 holes are bigger than the 3/8" bolts thread 

you dont want one to unscrew,  makes a wonderous racket and you grind to a stop   

easy to check while its off 

Pete

Thanks, interesting what you say about the bolts, bet a lot of people don't notice that detail.
Peter Cox & Son who overhauled the diff should know what they are doing and appear to have reused the original bolts here to ensure good fit.

Kind Regards
Jon