Triumph Car Club of Victoria 2024 Show n Shine Sunday 28th April

Our old club the TCCV which some of us divorced 10 years ago when we started the TEG, had a Show n Shine on Sun 28th April at the Melb Stream and Traction Centre/Museum (an old Board of Works Tunneling Depot, large tunnels 10ft diameter, mini trains boring machines etc), plenty of sheds of working steam and gas engines, gas and steam elect generating plant etc with enthusiasts everywhere. Fortunately, the old crews at TEG and TCCV get on amicably, so they invited us along plus the TR brigade

There were around 60 cars present, and 4 of us attended, Speedwell blue TR4 with Surrey Top, hot burnt orange 2000 Saloon and me in the daughters royal blue Mk2 Spitfire (didn't even get a wash)

Here's a shot of two Harrington fastbacks from a previous event the Association of Motoring Clubs British and European show in Feb, a Triumph TR4 Dove and a Harrington Alpine back to back showing the different lines, which is the prettier and most practical? The AOMC is the umbrella club that all us smaller and marque specific clubs belong to & they look after our interests politically

Ironically our Stu with the hot orange saloon won the post 63, 6-cylinder award good on the TCCV for being all encompassing of the Triumph family!

Rogue Gallery is us 4 TEGger's who attended with me on the left, Stu next to me, he's had the car since he was 16, well over 30 years and built it up from a wreck with his dad, his brother having resprayed it twice now. The car runs triple SU's, corvette front brakes, Aussie Davies Craig electric water pump with controller (the separate elect fan and pump controllers do oscillate a little, the DC controller can control both a job to do!). The car develops around 170bhp. 

Oh the punch line I did win something, Covid bug++r, I'm 5 days in and now the wife's got it!

B&E2 - Dove vs Harrington.jpg

TCCV 2024 S&S 1.JPG

TCCV 2024 S&S 6.JPG

TCCV 2024 S&S 4.JPG

TCCV 2024 S&S 9.JPG

TCCV 2024 S&S 7.JPG

Edited by Peter Truman