Indicator relay issue

Hello everyone, after having had a new wiring loom fitted all was going well. Long story short then the indicators stopped flashing.  I changed the relay and all was good until I ran the engine. Then they stopped all together and now won't work at all. The Green light on the dash comes on and stays on. There is full 12v power to the relay and there it stops. Faulty new relay from Rimmers? I can't think why everything worked until I drove the car. Then it just seems to have fused itself.  Thanks in advance.  Bruce 

Does seem strange so you could do some circuit resistance checks. With the battery disconnected and the relay removed measure the resistance to earth on the relay base out going pin to the dash light. Then do the same on the other pin going to the indicators - this should be open circuit until the left or right side is selected on the column switch. The first reading should be quite a bit higher than the latter two which should be equal....

• Like 1

Check out the relay on the bench. There is a lot of sub standard "stuff" out there. I recently had a similar issue with a "new" Relay in a Sprinter. Replaced it with a Bosch one (O/E) job solved, lesson learned.

Pete

• Thanks 1