Indicator relay advice needed.

mark powell

My Herald pickup has a towbar and hazard warning switch (Hella).  Everything works OK with the exception of the trailer telltale.  I have a heavy duty 4 pin flasher relay (12v  max 140w. 21Wx6+(2x5w), 21Wx(2+1)+(5w)

Wiring is correct, 49 is live ignition, 49a is to indicator switch, 31 is earth and C2 is to telltale dash light.

When the towing is connected everything works as it should, but the telltale flashes once, where it should flash in time with the indicators.

When the hazards are on, everything flashes as it should, INC the telltale?

I know it is a legal requirement to have a telltale, but I am at a loss as to why it's not happening.

HELP! 

19 hours ago, mark powell said:

I know it is a legal requirement to have a telltale, but I am at a loss as to why it's not happening.

HELP! 

Glad you got it sorted, but I'm wondering about the legal tell-tale. I remember my Discovery had a separate green trailer-symbol light that flashed for trailer indicators, but the Freelander doesn't seem to. I haul stuff all the time, but only get an audible warning coming from the boot area. Is it meant to be a visual warning? Now I'll have to check...