Ro-style Wheel Trims

GFL

Is this really how much decent Vitesse Mk2 Ro-style Trims go for these days?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126596646480?itmmeta=01J3YZ3NNJHXBJ9JZCR0HVY9PZ&hash=item1d79bf8650:g:Yq4AAOSwMldmogA4&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4KliOlxIWsErVSGvtZJctNdHaDym3x%2BqoABJm37AHlZsNBV3EmS0QjUDGIafNg8uSTq3etK%2BeGL%2Fmyf3EEiUGgcb7ZSH5xmGMfK%2BgB%2Fk984oLLv9f2WDLbBDc5efWAhz38Xhm%2BiKLsn5IvMyKJTn2BP8yG%2BFygVM0jto8zY%2B99IhgsFi31%2FQvK63zImsClAzWHiETEX7AX%2BXyePsAMmdX8g9X%2F3fppvMA3RplRHcUzefi0bigtLcEfshLtZW%2FxvXvbs7mRx%2Fbc3MOHOtHeU59HNKq%2BouNC5RqXrVLAqp4vL%2F|tkp%3ABk9SR-zajt-fZA&edge=1

I'm considering putting standard 4.5J Rims and Ro-style trims back on my new purchase but it sounds like it could be expensive.

I bought a N.O.S Set of PI ones (Slightly different) for £70 off Flea bay 20 years ago, I know things have gone up but?!

Gary 

Edited by Gary Flinn

I've noticed two things about sales recently: 1) people are selling items at seriously inflated prices, and 2) they're not selling. I could add 3) they're not reducing the price either but just continually relisting at the same price - some Herald items on eBay have been on sale for six months or more. 

And of course add 4): the bits I want aren't listed at all. Is there another place they're selling all the car parts, as eBay seems to be seriously low on 'real' items these days? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I've noticed two things about sales recently: 1) people are selling items at seriously inflated prices, and 2) they're not selling. I could add 3) they're not reducing the price either but just continually relisting at the same price - some Herald items on eBay have been on sale for six months or more. 

And of course add 4): the bits I want aren't listed at all. Is there another place they're selling all the car parts, as eBay seems to be seriously low on 'real' items these days? 

Colin

I agree, a lot of tacky accessories are listed when you search for Triumph Car parts and not many decent genuine parts are listed anymore.

You seem to get odd decent N.O.S or second hand parts occasionally that do sell but they are becoming rarer and rarer these days.

I'm undecided if to keep the Chrome Wire wheels currently fitted on my car or swop to period Alloys or the Original steel rims and Ro-style trims.

Everyone keeps telling me the car looks great with the Chrome wires, but I've never been a big fan, they have so many disadvantages (Heavy, easy to buckle, small spline area and hard to clean) that I'm thinking of swopping them.

Gary    

7 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

there are a pair in the august courier classified at £10

Pete

I've just been reading the Courier and have seen them listed, might be worth a call but no doubt they will be a bit battered and bruised😕