1500 tubular manifold

mishmosh

Having got fed up with changing failed gaskets, I have bitten the bullet and bought a Double S stainless manifold from a Chester supplier. Great Value and appears well made. Tonight I motored the Bond down to the recently mucked out lambing shed, lay some poly on the ground and jacked her up.. Who designed the manifold bolt positions !!  So after some 1.5 hours , much  swearing and wd 40 its all off. .

Now when I fitted the engine, I had a vitesse exhaust to couple to the 1500 manifold. This involved some careful cutting/splicing to a 1500 pipe  and a pair of reducer couplers.  Now I find that if I hadnt cut down the original, it would be a straight fit.  350mm male to female extender ordered.... 

tomorrow I hope to start refitting.

Quick update. The pipe under the manifold cracked when touched as its so rusty. Lucky find I have a spare engine so that's sorted. Separating the carb and exhaust manifold needed an angle grinder. Bolts then came out on the bench.cleaned the carb manifold up nicely. Must tackle the carbs too. The new manifold lines up well and tomorrow I hope to tighten it up. By then the new adapter pipe should be here. .