GT6 tailgate aperture drain

Rain water collects in the bottom corners of the tailgate aperture which is not a good thing. We discussed on my build thread about putting in drain tubes and i believe Alan C actually did it. I had not done it at the time my car went for painting but the painter flagged it up and reminded me. So in the nick of time I  machined two steel fittings which were welded in and i am pleased to say that they work. A couple of pictures follow. I though it might be of interest to anyone at a stage in their rebuild where they can install them.gallery_67_84_5189.jpggallery_67_84_40890.jpg

I was sent these photos around 2007 by a member who had made a drain in this area, although his was plastic and screwed to the bodywork. Yours looks like a much more sturdy and tidy job. I've always made a point of drying this area and applying lots of polish / Waxoyl in around the seal to help keep the dreaded rustworm out; obviously more of a problem if your car lives outdoors all the time and water lies for prolonged periods.

post-151-0-95538800-1463483315_thumb.jpg

post-151-0-86326700-1463483329_thumb.jpg

post-151-0-67216500-1463483344_thumb.jpg