Clutch slave cylinder squeal?

jimmyrjm

Hi guys,

My triumph GT6 Mk3 is driving now after a full restoration and when I start the engine and put the car into 1st gear there is nothing a miss, but when I release the clutch there is an odd noise like a faint squeal of a tyre and it seems to be coming from the slave clutch cylinder attached to the bell housing.. Can someone explain this to me? It's quiet and once the gearbox tunnel Is in I wouldn't be able to hear it. But was just worried slightly and would love to know what you guys think? Doesn't sound mechanical to me.. Can send a video if required.

Thanks!

Jim.

rubber boots can make a good squeak as the pushrod moves through it.

other squeaks or budgie noises are often from the new throwout bearing skidding on the release fingers

tends to clatter squeak at idle and a finger touch on the pedal makes enough contact to stop the squeak chirruping

and as yours is a 6 cyl the throwout is probably too thin at 15mmm they should be 19mm thick, this upsets the lever ratio and makes the lever 'laid back'

the only solution ive found is to add two washers under the  spherical post to move the lever into a more central balance position

but with the box on thats not really  possible

Pete

rubber boots can make a good squeak as the pushrod moves through it.

other squeaks or budgie noises are often from the new throwout bearing skidding on the release fingers

tends to clatter squeak at idle and a finger touch on the pedal makes enough contact to stop the squeak chirruping

and as yours is a 6 cyl the throwout is probably too thin at 15mmm they should be 19mm thick, this upsets the lever ratio and makes the lever 'laid back'

the only solution ive found is to add two washers under the  spherical post to move the lever into a more central balance position

but with the box on thats not really  possible

Pete

Thanks for the response Pete,

So really nothing to worry about? Will look into adding some washers.

Kind regards,

Jim.

Dont rush to do that, but eye the lever through its apperture , to get the correct leverage

the see saw needs to work sort of 5 to 12 thro to 5 past 12 not start at 5 past and travel to 15 past

if you get the drift of what im trying to explain

hope grease the boot on thebslave solves the mouse

pete